Page 5 of 7
- The H2020 Steering Committee and Sub-Groups are working in synergy and the objectives set in the timetable agreed in 2006 in Cairo and in the Work Plan defined and regularly updated by the Capacity Building Sub-Group are achieved;
- Progress is made in promoting integration of environmental protection into national policies and legislation covering environment sensitive sectors (e.g. Agriculture, Tourism, Energy, or Transport) and/or in the enforcement of the corresponding provisions;
- The knowledge and effective use of tools such as Strategic Environment Assessments and Environment Impact Assessments are promoted and developed in relevant institutions and organisations in the region;
- Capacities and resources dedicated to the H2020 priority areas (urban wastewater, municipal solid waste and industrial emissions) are strengthened at policy, legislative/institutional level as well as at regional/national level;
- Local Networks/organisations based in the Partner Countries are effectively mobilised in the framework of the project;
- Civil society (private sector, professional organisations, citizens, Academics, NGOs...) is better sensitised and mobilised with an increase in its capacity to actively contribute to environmental protection.
- A Hot Spot inventory in place for the West Balkans and Turkey as complementary to the MeHSIP is elaborated and available.