The project has been funded by the ENPI and implemented by the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA) in consortium with:
- Mediterranean Action Plan of the United Nations Environment Programme and its Regional Activity Centres and Programmes (UNEP/MAP and its RACs)
- National Waste Management Agency (ANGed)/Regional Solid Waste Exchange of Information and Expertise Network in Mashreq and Maghreb Countries (SWEEPNet)
- Umweltbundesamt GmbH – Austrian Environment Agency (AEA)
- Lebanese Ministry of Energy and Water - the General Directorate of Hydraulic and Electrical Resources (LMoEW)
- Hellenic Ministry for Environment, Energy and Climate Change
- UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education (UNESCO-IHE)
- Mediterranean Information Office for Environment, Culture and Sustainable Development (MIO-ECSDE)
- Arab Network for Environment and Development (RAED)
- WWF Mediterranean Programme Office (WWF MedPO)
- Association of Cities and Regions for Recycling and Sustainable Resource Management (ACR+)
- Arab Countries Water Utilities Association (ACWUA)
The European Commission (EC) is currently launching a new phase of the Programme that will start in 2016.
In the meanwhile, in order to secure continuity, some capacity building activities will be organised until December 2015 by the Consortium that implements the EU funded Sustainable Water Integrated Management – Support Mechanism project (SWIM-SM) through funds specially earmarked to this purpose by the EC.